[Bro-Dev] bro-pkg support for centralized package structures?

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Mon Oct 24 07:22:13 PDT 2016

An argument was made in a GitHub issue [1] that the decentralized model for packages where each package is a distinct git repo may be inconvenient for some use-cases and that allowing multiple packages to reside in single git repo would be better.

I think supporting that would significantly change the design and goals of the package manager, so I wonder what ideas/thoughts others have about the current model vs. the proposed one?

- Jon

[1] https://github.com/bro/package-manager/issues/2