[Bro-Dev] Proposal: Operating the Bro package manager offline

Michał Purzyński michalpurzynski1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 20:40:29 PDT 2016

One can, depending on the level of paranoia or risk management:

Use a proxy for accessing git repos with packages. For GitHub it presents a problem - because github is essential an arbitrary file upload service and without terminating SSL one cannot create good enough proxy rules around it.

What we do is we create a mirror of GitHub repositories that copy only white listed parts. This is beyond the package manager project.

I really like the idea of being able to bundle - cap - unbundle package and I think it should be supported. With possibly a configuration file to tell "bundle these packages" only.