[Bro-Dev] Feedback on configuration framework implementation

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Fri Dec 1 14:59:58 PST 2017

> > think of that. I honestly also never liked modifying the values that are
> > passed in arguments; this is for example also theoretically possible for
> > events, but something that we have avoided to use in practice so far.
>
> Yeah, and it also won't work for atomic values, at least not since
> https://github.com/bro/bro/commit/5b889360705120c9061390214881ea376819c669
> went in. :)

And as far as I can tell that applies to hooks too, true?

This is actually a but sneaky - it should not be a problem for
Intel::extend_match that Jan mentioned earlier because it is unlikely that
someone will just assign a new value to info. But if someone does it will
fail.

Which, after thinking about it for a few moments seems like the right
choice in any case. :)

Johanna