[Bro-Dev] Splitting up init-bare?

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Sun Feb 12 11:25:42 PST 2017

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 00:20 -0500, you wrote:

> Would that work?  I know that internal and external plugins have some
> differences, but I don't know if that means we're limited in a bit in
> how we handle script land required data structures for analyzers.

For init-bare-style initialization code I was thinking the same, and
that's also partially where my __bare__.bro idea came from (actually
__init__.bro would be nicer I'm thinking now). I went back to the
plugin structure to see if we have the right mechanism there already,
but they work slightly different in terms of when required data
structures get initialized. But we could make those __init__.bro
scripts work in either case I think.

For a more general reorganization of moving scripts and code together,
I'm still torn on that. I like that in theory, but haven't convinced
myself yet that I'd like it in practice. :)

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin