[Bro-Dev] [Proposal] Language extensions for better Broker support

Jan Grashöfer jan.grashoefer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 01:21:14 PST 2017

> We could also make the two different return values explicit:
>
>     [result, value] = Broker::lookup(h, 42)  # Returns [Broker::Result, opaque of Broker::Data]
>
>     if ( result == Broker::SUCCESS ) ...

I would prefer this solution, as it feels more natural coming from other
languages like python. Introducing new keywords/magic functions like
status() might be conceptually elegant from the perspective of the Bro
language itself but makes it more difficult to learn the language
respectively understand code.

Jan