[Bro-Dev] [Proposal] Language extensions for better Broker support

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Jan 3 15:59:36 PST 2017

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 23:41 +0100, you wrote:

> Is there a major show-stopper I am missing or is it just the fact that
> tuple support would be a new/untested language feature?

We'd need to hook them into a number of places across the interpreter.
For example there are various locations where types coerce
automatically on assignment & parameter passing; tuples would need to
do the right thing there (and recursively). Also, the current ad-hoc
tuple-like constructs would need to be adapted, and maybe some more
similar constructs added elsewhere for added flexibility. It's not
rocket science, it just needs somebody to take it on as a separate
project I think.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin