[Bro-Dev] dynamic-cast branch (Re: [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] topic/robin/dynamic-cast: Add experimental "is" and "as" operators. (dabe125))

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Jan 10 05:51:48 PST 2017

On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 15:27 -0800, you wrote:

>     [ 86%] [BISON][Parser] Building parser with bison 2.3
>     parse.y:6.9-15: syntax error, unexpected identifier, expecting string

It's this line:

>    %define lr.type ielr

Looks like that's a feature of newer bison versions, I'm using 3.0.4.
I added line that because that bison is otherwise having trouble with
the grammar extensions I added. I just tried 2.3 and it doesn't seem
to know that option yet. Funny thing is that if I just remove the
line, it seems to just work fine with 2.3. I haven't compiled it all
the way through but at least 2.3 isn't complaining about the
extensionss (it just needs the expected shift/reduce conflicts
adapted).

So not sure what the right solution is but for now: either upgrade
bison, or remove the line and keep an eye on if things work correctly.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin