[Bro-Dev] help Reading the backtrace

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri Jan 20 08:01:32 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 17:54 -0800, you wrote:

> ----->          pthread_cond_timedwait(&has_data[read_ptr], &mutex[read_ptr], &ts);

Just be sure: are you sure this is the troublesome spot? I'm asking
because this is likely running inside a logging thread, and expected
to block frequently if there's nothing to log (remember we have one
logging thread per output file, so for any low-volume log it'll block
regularly). Have you tried switching to other threads in GDB to see
where they are at? Also, at that location in gdb above, try to figure
out what the queue is for: you should be able to get the name of the
thread through 'this->reader->name' (haven't tried that, just took a
quick look at the code).

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin