[Bro-Dev] bro-pkg 1.0 available

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Fri Jan 27 11:10:46 PST 2017

Hi Jon,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 02:23:57AM +0000, Siwek, Jon wrote:
> bro-pkg 1.0 is now out and supports
>
> * package unit testing [1]

thanks for this. Are there any extra steps that one has to do for this to
work? I tried to activate it for my repository at
https://github.com/0xxon/bro-sumstats-counttable, where the bro-pkg.meta
specifies

test_command = cd testing && btest -d

However, bro-pkg (version 1.0) seems to just ignore this:

$ bro-pkg install bro-sumstats-counttable
The following packages will be INSTALLED:
  bro/0xxon/bro-sumstats-counttable (0.0.2)

	Proceed? [Y/n] y
	Running unit tests for "bro/0xxon/bro-sumstats-counttable"
	error: failed to run tests for bro/0xxon/bro-sumstats-counttable:
	Package does not specify a test_command
	Proceed to install anyway? [Y/n] n

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is there a problem with the way that I
specify test_command? (The error message seems to indicate that it is just
not being identified though).

Johanna