[Bro-Dev] clusterization issue: logger node vs manager node or both ?

Aashish Sharma asharma at lbl.gov
Thu Jun 1 11:38:08 PDT 2017

> I *strongly* recommend not running code on the logger.  The whole

I agree and this makes sense.

> What's the problem you're trying to solve by running code there?

So I have a working clusterized bro package but it stops behaving as expected if I enable logger node.

I am calling a worker2manager event inside "event log_smtp", that event' isn't kicking at all. When I disable logger, the event runs as expected. So this led me to wonder if somehow log_* events are running on logger and not on worker, which I doubted.

Further causing concerns about how existence of LOGGER node can affect the entire clusterization architecture.

Aashish