[Bro-Dev] can I send an opaque of bloomfilter over Cluster::manager2worker_event ?

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Mon May 1 08:20:19 PDT 2017

>> 1493427133.170419       Reporter::ERROR incompatible hashers in
>> BasicBloomFilter merge  (empty) -
>
>> Not sure if the error is because an opaque of bloomfilter cannot be
>> sent over worker2manager_events and manager2worker_events or if I am
>> doing something not quite right.
>
> Bloom filters should work over communication. What's the code for the
> two sides? The error messages sound like these are filters of
> different types.

Actually - I am not sure if we ever implemented consistent hashing over
the cluster; if I remember it correctly, the bloom filters need to use
the same seed for the hash-functions in all cluster nodes to be
mergeable.

That might be the reason for this to fail (and the error message also
seems to indicate this).

Johanna