[Bro-Dev] can I send an opaque of bloomfilter over Cluster::manager2worker_event ?

Aashish Sharma asharma at lbl.gov
Mon May 1 11:41:30 PDT 2017

>     const global_hash_seed: string = "" &redef;

Yes, with setting of global_hash_seed, bloomfilter movement across workers is working fine and as expected, I see from initial tests.

While we are on this thread, is the following good or there is a better way to copy/merge bloomfilter once its sent to workers:

@if (( Cluster::is_enabled() && Cluster::local_node_type() != Cluster::MANAGER ) || !Cluster::is_enabled())

event Blacklist::m_w_add_bloom(val: opaque of bloomfilter)
{
        blacklistbloom=bloomfilter_merge(val, val);

}
@endif

I figured merging same bloom to itself won't make a difference, I primarily want to copy it to blacklistbloom.

Aashish