[Bro-Dev] 2.5.1 release?

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri May 12 13:34:47 PDT 2017

Some of us have been talking about doing a 2.5.1 maintainance release.
It has been suggested to divert from our normal route of picking just
important fixes and instead go ahead and include what's currently in
master, given that we actually don't have much new functionality in
there yet at this time. I just went through the CHANGES since 2.5 and
I can see snapshotting current master as 2.5.1 if folks here are fine
with doing a broader release (which will need a bit more testing than
just a bugfix update would). Any opinions?

(Note I wouldn't want to exclude just individual commits currently in
master from 2.5.1, as that gets messy quickly. I would say it's either
all of master right now, or we pick selected commits for a narrow
release as we did in the past).

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin