[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] topic/actor-system: First-pass broker-enabled Cluster scripting API + misc. (07ad06b)

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Thu Nov 2 06:59:49 PDT 2017

On 1 Nov 2017, at 17:23, Robin Sommer wrote:

> Yeah, agree that we want such nodes, however I would like to switch
> away from the proxy name. "proxy" had a very specific meaning with the
> old communication system and calling the new nodes the same would be
> confusing I think.

Agreed.  There has been so much confusion over the "proxy" name that
it's best to just get rid of it.  Especially considering that the
*exact* tasks those processes will be taking on will be slightly
different.

> Justin, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this has ever been
> fully fleshed out. If anybody wants to propose something specific, we
> can discuss, otherwise I would suggest we stay with the minimum for
> now that replicates the old system as much as possible and then expand
> on that going forward.

Agreed on this too.  Some of these changes sound like they could take a
while to prototype and figure out how they would be effectively used.

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com