[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] topic/actor-system: First-pass broker-enabled Cluster scripting API + misc. (07ad06b)
jsiwek at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 8 10:46:36 PST 2017
Just a quick summary of key points of this thread related to cluster-layout, messaging patterns, and API (omitting some minor stuff from Robin’s initial feedback).
- "proxy" nodes will be renamed at a later point toward the end of the project
("proxy" actually makes sense to me, but "data" seems to have caught on
so I'll go w/ that unless there's other suggestions)
- "data" nodes will connect within clusters differently than previous "proxy"
nodes. Each worker connects to every data node. Data nodes do not connect
with each other.
- instead of sending logs statically to Broker::log_topic, there will now be
a "const Broker::log_topic_func = function(id: Log::ID, path: string) &redef"
to better support multiple loggers and failover use-cases
- add new, explicit message routing or one-hop relaying (e.g. for the simple
use-case of "broadcast from this worker to all workers”)
- add a more flexible pool membership API to let scripters define their own data
pool constraints that users can then customize (outlined in previous email)
Let me know if I missed anything.
More information about the bro-dev