[Bro-Dev] Renaming the Bro Project: seeking proposed names from the community

Scott Campbell scampbell at lbl.gov
Mon Oct 2 13:04:01 PDT 2017

I wanted to express my unconditional support for this.

The culture of non-inclusive hostile behavior embodied by "bro culture"
stands opposite to the remarkable environment that has surrounded this
project for as long as I have been a member.  It is a shame that the
state of R&D is so toxic that this change has to be discussed, but as a
shareholder in the community I see it as our responsibility to take
/active/ measures to make sure everyone feels welcome and to serve as an
example of what a project can and should be.

Also for the record I have always loved the original name with the
Orwellian reminder that what we do requires constant responsibility and
thoughtfulness.

thank you,
scott