[Bro-Dev] File Analysis Inconsistencies

Siwek, Jon jsiwek at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 13 08:10:55 PDT 2017

> On Oct 12, 2017, at 4:35 PM, Azoff, Justin S <jazoff at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> That sounds a lot like an uninitialized buffer somewhere.  I wonder if you compile bro and your plugin with -fsanitize=address if you will trigger something with that.

Yeah, sounds worth checking for memory errors with a profiler/analyzer that can do that.  I think there’s also the ‘memory’ sanitizer to detect uninitialized reads?  Valgrind’s memcheck tool has also helped me a lot with such things, IIRC something like `valgrind --leak-check=full --track-origins=yes ...`

- Jon