[Bro-Dev] 'async' keyword

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Sep 19 11:55:04 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 17:32 +0000, you wrote:

> Understanding the new code also requires understanding the context in
> which it is implemented and I wonder if the later is more of a hurdle
> here.

Hey, this is bro-dev, are you saying not everybody here is intimately
familiar with the Bro source code? ;-)

So yes, I'll allow for more time to understand the context. :) The
point though is that conceptually it's both simple and difficult at
the same time. Even without all the context, one might get the basic
idea pretty quickly if looking at the right parts---or maybe one
doesn't, I don't know, that's part of why I keep looking for feedback.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin