[Bro-Dev] Configuration framework syntax proposal

Jan Grashöfer jan.grashoefer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:26:54 PDT 2017

> module Foo;
>
> export {
>
>     ## The username for our new feature.
>     ##
>     ## Display: User Name
>     option user_name: string;
>
>     }

I really like that syntax! I think Jon is right regarding the semantics
that the "const" keyword implies (I missed that in my first mail). Using
"option" instead looks like a nice and clean solution.

Following the discussion, I think Vlad managed to explain what I had on
my mind as well: The language should not be polluted with elements just
to force developers to add documentation. Especially because there is
already a convenient mechanism for documentation. Adding "Display:" as a
broxygen keyword fades in nicely while separate concerns (i.e. code and
documentation) keep separate.

Jan