[Bro-Dev] input-framework reporter_error vs reporter_warning events ?

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Fri Apr 20 14:34:13 PDT 2018

Hi Aashish,

This changed with Bro 2.5.1. To quote NEWS:

- The input framework's Ascii reader is now more resilient. If an input
   is marked to reread a file when it changes and the file didn't exist
   during a check Bro would stop watching the file in previous versions.
   The same could happen with bad data in a line of a file.  These
   situations do not cause Bro to stop watching input files anymore. The
   old behavior is available through settings in the Ascii reader.

Johanna