[Bro-Dev] set and vector operators

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Thu Apr 26 07:48:09 PDT 2018

On 4/26/18 12:19 AM, Vern Paxson wrote:
> Hmmm thinking about it, we can get away with '&' with minimal keyword
> conflict because there's such an easy (and natural-to-presume) fix -
> namely, rather than "x&attrkeyword" you use "x & attrkeyword".  Now
> there's no problem, since the lexer only recognizes "&attrkeyword"
> as a unit, with no whitespace allowed.

Yeah, I think it could turn out ok.  Using '&' and '|' in the set
operations seems more natural/consistent to me and so maybe worthwhile
to try that approach first.

It's also a nice time to introduce the bitwise operations between count
values.  I thought about adding that on one occasion and also know
others have wanted it.
> How does that sound?

Sounds good to me.  I'd find most of them more convenient and wish I'd
had them in the past.