[Bro-Dev] set and vector operators

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Apr 30 07:54:53 PDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 07:10 -0700, you wrote:

> "vector(v op e)".  Wrapped in "vector(...)", the operation becomes the
> current semantics (apply "op e" separately to each element of v).

One additional piece of context here: That vector(...) syntax could
then be used more broadly in the sense of creating a different
semantic context for the operations inside. That kind of opens up a
whole new set of of type-specific operator meanings, without affecting
current/standard ones (it's like introducing R inside parentheses :-).
It's not the super-great, but at least it's explicit and we couldn't
come up with anything better if we want to have such operations as
operators. Might work for some other types as well.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin