[Bro-Dev] Writing SumStats plugin

Jim Mellander jmellander at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 2 16:44:44 PDT 2018

Hi all:

I'm thinking of writing a SumStats plugin, probably with the initial
implementation in bro scriptland, with a re-implementation as BIFs if
initial tests successful.

>From examining several plugins, it appears that I need to:

   - Add NAME of my plugin as an enum to Calculation
   - Add optional tunables to Reducer
   - Add my data structure to ResultVal
   - In register_observe_plugins, register the function to take an
   observation.
   - In init_result_val_hook, add code to initialize data structure.
   - In compose_resultvals_hook, add code to merge multiple data structures
   - Create function to extract
   from data structure either at epoch_result, or epoch_finished

Any thing else I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Jim