[Bro-Dev] Broker::publish API

Robin Sommer robin at corelight.com
Wed Aug 8 08:53:37 PDT 2018

Yeah, I realize that. A direct port of the old logic was of course the
goal so far, with the drawbacks of that approach accepted &
understood. That's what's in place now; that's great and exactly as
planned. We can get 2.6 out this way, and it'll be fine.

My point is that now also seems like a good time to take stock of what
we got that way. That direct porting is finally getting us some sense
of where things aren't an ideal match between API and use cases yet.
And if there's something easy we can do about that before people start
relying on the new API, it seems that would be beneficial to do. But
we can see.

Robin

--
Robin Sommer * Corelight, Inc. * robin at corelight.com * www.corelight.com