[Bro-Dev] Broker::publish API

Jan Grashöfer jan.grashoefer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 10:09:26 PDT 2018

On 13/08/18 18:24, Jon Siwek wrote:
> Old Worker:
>
>    Cluster::relay_rr(Cluster::proxy_pool, my_event);
>
> New Worker:
>
>    Broker::publish(Cluster::rr_topic(Cluster::proxy_pool), my_event);

That doesn't look like an API simplification to me ;D

> Even Newer Worker:
>
>    Broker::publish(Cluster::worker_topic, my_event);
>
> See any problems there?

For this case: Would it be easy to setup distinct pools for different
tasks? I could imagine a pool of proxies that is used explicitly for
intel distribution and one pool used for processing SumStats events. I
think we have discussed something like that before. Maybe I am mixing
cluster and broker levels again...

Jan