[Bro-Dev] Broker data layouts

Robin Sommer robin at corelight.com
Thu Aug 23 08:28:29 PDT 2018

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 10:01 -0500, Jonathan Siwek wrote:

> Yeah, that's one problem, but a bigger issue is you can't parse
> LogWrite because the content is a serial blob whose format is another
> thing not intended for public consumption.

I guess my earlier comment might have been misleading: there's
certaily work that needs to be done to open this up. Right now, it's
probably not even realistic at all because we still have a work around
in place in there that uses the old (non-Broker) serialization code
for creating that blob. That was to get around a performance issue,
and still needs to be addressed. As part of upgrading that, I think it
can make sense to think about documenting the format we end up
chosing.

Robin Sommer * Corelight, Inc. * robin at corelight.com * www.corelight.com