[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] master: Allow loading policy/protocols/smb once again (57a505b0e)

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Fri Aug 31 07:35:08 PDT 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 5:06 PM Johanna Amann <johanna at icir.org> wrote:

> To pick up the idea that you mentioned before - do we also want to make
> the new policy/protocols/smb/__load__.bro trigger a reporter warning
> that it is deprecated?

Sounds right -- unlikely it will ever be used in the future and should
be removed (I don't see other policy/protocols/*/__load__.bro scripts,
so I think that's a general convention anyway that got broke in this
case since the intent was to eventually put it in base/).

Other problem is that a simple reporter warning via a call in
bro_init() doesn't give details on where the deprecated script was
loaded from, so I've added a @deprecated directive:

https://bro-tracker.atlassian.net/browse/BIT-1980

- Jon