[Bro-Dev] Shipping CAF with Broker?

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Tue Feb 13 08:36:16 PST 2018

On 13 Feb 2018, at 11:31, Robin Sommer wrote:

> We could even go a step further and compile CAF statically into
> libbroker, so that in the end from a user's perspective all they deal
> with is Broker: if they link against it, they get everything they
> need.
>
> Would that make sense?

I think we're quite a ways off from CAF being generally packaged with
most operating systems (especially having the correct version to work
with broker).  I think that including it with broker and building libcaf
into libbroker statically makes sense too.  I've been concerned about
the difficulty of building Bro from source too.

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com