[Bro-Dev] Broker::publish API

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Mon Jul 30 09:15:13 PDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 11:02 AM Robin Sommer <robin at corelight.com> wrote:

> True, although it's not cycles in the connection topology that matter,
> it's cycles in topic subscriptions.

Right, good point.

> I need to think about this a bit
> more (and I need to remind myself how our topics currently look like)

I think we just have the "broadcast_topic" to which all nodes
subscribe, but not sure if there's more.

> but could we set up topics so that even in a cluster, messages don't
> go into a cycle?

I don't see why not, but it takes planning and prudence on everyone's
part (including users) to not break that rule.

I'd be more comfortable if one could automate answering the question:
"if I add a subscription to a given node in the network, will I create
a cycle?".