[Bro-Dev] Changing epoch timeout in SumStats

Jim Mellander jmellander at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 11 15:25:33 PDT 2018

Hi all:

I'm working on a statistics gathering script using sumstats.  I would
dearly love to have it synchronized with the log rotation interval.  This
means that the first epoch interval would most likely be short, with future
epochs being at the rotation interval.  Prior Bros (2.5.2) had an
intriguing comment about possible on-demand call for sumstats, which
doesn't seem to be in the latest master.

So, at the moment, what I'm looking for is one of the two options:

1. Allow for a pure 'on-demand' option for sumstats results, allowing the
user script to manage the results, or
2. Allow redefining the epoch timeout on the fly.

Option 3 is hacking on the sumstats code......

Any comments?