[Bro-Dev] Moving to GitHub?

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu May 17 16:27:55 PDT 2018

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 11:21 -0500, you wrote:

> * For porting over JIRA tickets to GitHub, "most recent" doesn't seem like a
> good metric to use.

Agree. :)

> they may as well just port all the older ones that are still valid
> over to GitHub.

That may be a bit too broad though. How about "still valid and either
(1) quite important or (2) something we expect will be addresses
reasonably soon"? We have many old tickets that are technically still
valid but unlikely to see any work anytime soon (otherwise they would
have been addressed already), and I'm worried that they would just add
noise without value. The old tickets won't go away, the JIRA will
remain. If something becomes relevant/active, we can always bring it
over at that time.

> I find myself in that situation quite often, actually, so
> transitioning to GitHub PRs, I wonder if we'd want a PR to be created
> against each individual repo?

Good point. Creating just one root PR that mentions the others sounds
good to me for such cases.

Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin