[Bro-Dev] bro-devel package?

Vlad Grigorescu vlad at es.net
Thu May 24 12:50:32 PDT 2018

There are a couple of cases where I think it'd be useful to have a
bro-devel package -- a package that I can install on a system, and then be
able to build plugins against Bro. (This is the same model as other *-devel
packages, such as openssl, libpcap, etc.)

Right now, if I compile Bro from source, run make install, I can't build a
package with what's in /usr/local -- Bro needs the entire source tree,
since the required headers are not present in /usr/local.

I'm curious how people are dealing with this issue, and if anyone has
thoughts on whether this would be useful, and if so, what it would take to
build such a package.

Thanks,

  --Vlad