[Bro-Dev] attributes & named types

Vern Paxson vern at corelight.com
Sat Nov 3 14:14:16 PDT 2018

Thanks for the pointers & thoughts!  A quick question, more in a bit:

> To better understand the existing behavior, here's the commit that
> introduced this (specifically with regards to conn_id):
> https://github.com/bro/bro/commit/38a1aa5a346d10de32f9b40e0869cdb48a98974b
> >     Note that for nested record types, the inner fields must likewise
> >     be declared with &log. Consequently, conn_id is now declared with
> >     &log in bro.init.

Does your understanding of this accord with the current behavior when
running on testing/btest/scripts/base/frameworks/logging/attr.bro ?
The test suite result has it not logging Log$id, even though it's of
type conn_id, which has &log.  (For my new version, it does log it.)

		Vern