[Bro-Dev] JIRA to GitHub ticket migration plan

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Fri Sep 14 11:45:21 PDT 2018

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 9:54 AM Robin Sommer <robin at corelight.com> wrote:

> real question here is if we want to switch repositories before or
> after 2.6?

Forgot to say that my sentiment is conditional -- if I find that it's
not disruptive/risky to the release process (e.g. whether I need to
make commits within bro itself), then changing whenever seems fine,
else wait until after 2.6.

It's maybe a week or two away before I have more complete
investigation/answer, but it's possibly that risky.  Here's the
general things I'll be looking into and fleshing out:

* GitHub "protected branches" for permissions and access control
* Which private repos can actually be moved to GitHub (we'll need to
update to Team Account)
* Where all in the docs uses the old bro.org git URL.
* How to handle commit email notifications.
* How decouple-able is the script-reference building process.  I'm
guessing I can just point to the github url and it will work, but
maybe there's some more we can offload from bro.org to Travis or AWS
at this point as well.

Anything else to worry about?