[Bro-Dev] Module prefix in sending and receiving Broker events

Matthias Vallentin vallentin at icir.org
Thu Sep 27 08:27:02 PDT 2018

Jan:
> Event handlers just don't seem to inherit the surrounding module
> namespace, which kind of makes sense if you want to handle events
> generated in the global namespace.

I agree that it does make sense in that regard. It's certainly prudent
- as mentioned - to always qualify your events. The problematic part
that I see is that absence/presence of a forward declaration
interferes with module scoping. This subtlety took me a while to
figure out.

Jon:
>  [..] so I still suggest the simplest rule/approach
> to remember is to always/everywhere prefix event names with an
> intended module name.

Yeah, learned that the hard way. ;-)

    Matthias