[Zeek-Dev] support for event handlers using a subset of parameters

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Fri Feb 1 09:45:14 PST 2019

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 11:36 AM Seth Hall <seth at corelight.com> wrote:

> On 1 Feb 2019, at 11:24, Robin Sommer wrote:

> I think the change to using names does make things a bit more confusing
> for users

Note that the patch makes matching based on parameter name optional.
One can still pick their own parameter names as long as they strictly
follow the declaration's parameter order.  i.e. there's no impact to
people that aren't paying attention to this change, they see no
difference in behavior.  If a user finds this change confusing it's
because they read the docs/example/release-notes and didn't understand
them, so it's on us to improve them.

- Jon