[Zeek-Dev] CIFS/SMB protocol analyzer

Mauro Palumbo mauropalumbo75 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 00:33:24 PST 2019

Hi everybody,

     I am new to zeek/bro. For an internship which will complete a
master course I have been attending, I will work with zeek and
specifically with the CIFS/SMB analyzer. After looking at the
documentation and the code, it seems to me that the this analyzer (as
available in zeek github master branch) was written in BinPac language
and only the most used protocol commands are implemented. I could
possibly work on extending the current implementation of the protocol.

Do you have any thoughts/suggestions about this? Is anyone already doing
(or planning to do) it?

Best wishes,

Mauro