[Zeek-Dev] Bro 2.5.4

Seth Hall seth at corelight.com
Thu Jan 24 10:10:50 PST 2019

On 3 Jan 2019, at 11:01, Rajput, Jawad (CONTR) wrote:

> Is there a way to add Bro server hostname field into all the Bro log
> types? We have 5 Bro servers capturing traffic on different network
> nodes, we are trying to add each server/sensor hostname into all the
> log types so analyst can identify where the logs are coming from.

Yes!

We added a log extension mecahnism a while ago.  Here's a snippet you
could start from...

```bro
option my_server_name = "";

type MyLogExtension: record {
         server_name:   string &log;
};

function add_my_log_extension(path: string): MyLogExtension
         {
         return MyLogExtension($server_name = my_server_name);
         }

redef Log::default_ext_func = add_my_log_extension;
```

Seth Hall * Corelight, Inc * www.corelight.com