[Zeek-Dev] Zeek 3.0.0+ "master" versioning process change

Johanna Amann johanna at icir.org
Wed Jul 24 17:54:42 PDT 2019

Hi,

I generally like this - the only thing that I am not sure about is the
alpha label.

I get that it works great with alphabetic ordering - but for me alpha
tends to signify some kind of test release. Could we perhaps make it
-dev? :). If we then use -rc instead of -beta we have alphabetical
ordering again - and to me this tends to represent what we are doing
better in any case…

Johanna