[Zeek-Dev] Proposal: Make Zeek's debug logging thread-safe

Jon Siwek jsiwek at corelight.com
Tue Jul 14 13:14:50 PDT 2020

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 11:56 AM Bob Murphy <bob.murphy at corelight.com> wrote:

> The code you show should give correct ordering on when Foo() and Bar() finish.

Wondering what's meant by "correct ordering" here.  Bar() can finish
before Foo() and yet debug.log can report "I did Foo" before "I did
Bar" for whatever thread-scheduling reasons happened to make that the
case.  Or Foo() and Bar() can execute together in complete concurrency
and it's just the LockedDebugMsg() picking an arbitrary "winner".

- Jon