[Zeek-Dev] Proposal: Make Zeek's debug logging thread-safe

Robin Sommer robin at corelight.com
Fri Jul 17 03:01:38 PDT 2020

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 14:57 -0700, Bob Murphy wrote:

> use a single, common logging API, but let it send its output to
> different output mechanisms that support different use cases.

I get that in general. It's just that afaik this is the first time
this need comes up. Adding a full-featured, thread-safe logging
framework is a trade-off against complexity and maintainance costs.
Not saying it's impossible, but I'd like to hear more people thinking
this is a good idea before committing to such a route.

Robin Sommer * Corelight, Inc. * robin at corelight.com * www.corelight.com