[Zeek-Dev] Zeek Supervisor Command-Line Client

Vlad Grigorescu vlad at es.net
Wed Jun 17 20:32:52 PDT 2020

I'm still fuzzy on the Supervisor framework, as we're still in the process
of upgrading systems to the point of supporting the new C++ requirements.

As a concrete example, what does a cluster upgrade look like? Today, that
means install the new version on the manager, and then do `zeekctl deploy`,
which copies the files to the nodes and restarts the cluster. All of that
is done without Broker.

What does that look like with zeekcl + Broker? Let's say I install the new
version on the manager. If I then tell zeekcl to destroy the running
instance, will that work, or will the newer zeekcl be incompatible with the
Broker version of the running Zeek?

Reading the script linked in [2], I notice that zeekcl would not support
copying files from one node to another? Other features that would be
missing that we routinely use are `zeekctl print` and `zeekctl exec`. I'm
assuming `zeekcl` would be running in some uber-bare mode if it's written
in Zeek?

  --Vlad