[Zeek-Dev] Zeek Supervisor Command-Line Client

Robin Sommer robin at corelight.com
Wed Jun 17 23:34:00 PDT 2020

> Suggestion: `zeekcl`, Zeek (Command-Line) CLlient.

"zeekcl" is very close to "zeekctl", which could lead to confusion.
"zcl" maybe?

> Is use of Python still desirable for other reasons?  Otherwise, I lean
> towards `zeekcl` being C++.

No particular preference from my side, I can see either. Effort is
probably about the same in this model, and C++ does have the advantage
of less dependency issues.

> Zeek's scripting language (e.g. `ctl.zeek`), but I don't suggest that

Ack, agree.

> I plan to have `zeekcl` code/tests live inside the main Zeek repo.

Makes sense to me as well.

Robin

--
Robin Sommer * Corelight, Inc. * robin at corelight.com * www.corelight.com