config empty lists

cmiller at surfsouth.com cmiller at surfsouth.com
Mon Sep 14 14:00:52 PDT 1998

Forgive my ignorance, please.

In the runtime configs, fresh out of the tarball, there are several
lists (eg, const ``NFS_world_servers = { ... }'' in portmapper.bro)
that I don't wish to have any elements.  I may eventually want to
use these, as I grow more experienced with BRO and want to refine
my usage of it, but at the moment, I have no use for this list.

By removing the elements, and leaving an empty ``{ }'' (in perl-
style), I see messages like ``error: parse error, at or near "}"'' .

Is my only alternative to remove all references to this list in
the files?  A config DTD would be nice, but I'll settle for a hint,
and resort to patching the sources if necessary.

Thanks,

					- chad

ObErrors:

- --