net specification in bro

Antonella Giani giani at di.unipi.it
Wed Nov 15 02:06:46 PST 2000

I downloaded and installed bro 0.6 without problems, apart from some
minor changes required in Makefile.in and Rlogin.h.

I noticed, however, that this version of bro still validates values
of type 'net' according to the outdated 'class A/B/C/D' convention.
This is a problem for us, because our local network includes two
non contiguous nets /24 with addresses belonging to 'old' class B.

Before modifying bro source code, I ask to this list whether bro
developers have already updated the code to meet more recent
conventions (e.g. CIDR format).

In addition, I'd like to know whether bro developers have planned
to extend bro language with a type 'interval of IP addresses'.

Thank you,

Antonella

  Antonella Giani
  Dipartimento di Informatica - Corso Italia 40, 56125 Pisa (Italy)
  Tel: +39-050-887228   Fax: +39-050-887226
  web: http://www.di.unipi.it/~giani/giani.html