Snort signature

Robin Sommer sommer at in.tum.de
Tue Nov 19 08:28:17 PST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 16:51 +0100, Robin Sommer wrote:

> Currently, snort2bro needs a full Snort configuration (snort.cfg)
> incl. variable definitions. Perhaps you've tried to convert only the
> signatures themselves without the surrounding definitions given in
> snort.cfg?

In addition (because, as it seems, it's not snort2bro which
complains but Bro itself): How did you call Bro? You need to specify
the converted signature file via the -s option as it's not a Bro
policy script.

Eventually, I will write some documentation of the signature
engine...

Robin

--
Robin Sommer * Room        01.08.055 *