Error during make

Mayank-Bhatnagar mayank at ncb.ernet.in
Mon Sep 23 00:01:11 PDT 2002

hi,

My sincere thanks to Prof. Vern for sending us the next release of Bro.

However I tried to make Bro stable version ie

	> The current stable release remains 0.7a175b, available from:

        > ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/.vp-bro-pub-0.7-stable.tar.gz

But I am facing problem during make. I am running Linux 6.2
kernel 2.2.14-12.

I am getting compilation problems which I tried to change code and
recompile, but not successful.

The file the errors report is "DebugCmds.cc"

These are the errors I am getting::

_______________________________________

c++ -I. -O -Ilinux-include -c DebugCmds.cc
DebugCmds.cc: In function `void lookup_global_symbols_regex(const class
stoing &, class vector<ID *,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > &, bool =
false)':
DebugCmds.cc:41: no matching function for call to `string::push_back
(char)'
DebugCmds.cc:42: no matching function for call to `string::push_back
(char)'
DebugCmds.cc:44: no matching function for call to `string::push_back
(char)'
make: *** [DebugCmds.o] Error 1

What possibly could be the reason, is there something that needs to be
modified in code. Can anybody help me out.

Thanks
Mayank