Error during make

Robin Sommer sommer at in.tum.de
Thu Sep 26 08:30:20 PDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 21:10 +0800, Wang Shaofu wrote:

> Right ! I am using Linux. Could you tell me which system is the best to run
> Bro?

I don't know which is the best. Operationally, we're running it on
FreeBSD here, but I am doing some developing on Linux as well. I
would guess that there isn't a big difference between the two, but
I've never compared them. If anyone has some experiences in this
respect, I would really like to hear them.

(In the near future, I will probably give Solaris a try, too.)

> Great, it almost works!   Why , just changing h_errno to host_errno ?

Some system header file defines h_error as a macro on Linux.

> nb_dns.o: In function '_nb_dns_mkquery':
> */bro/nb_dns.c:203: undefined reference to '__res_mkquery'

Right, that are the linker errors I had mentioned. No solution for
them yet, but I will try to fix them, too.

> How to open the attach5?

That's a PGP signature.

Robin

--