A patch for Bro in OpenBSD

Sylvain de Tilly sylvain at detilly.net
Fri Jun 27 04:23:43 PDT 2003

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your information, I didn't know the existence of this
library and it's sound like perfect for the problems. So I try to use
it but at the final linking stage of the compilation, I've got this
error message :

| main.o: In function `main':
| main.o(.text+0x17a9): warning: sprintf() is often misused, please use snprintf()
| nb_dns.o: In function `nb_dns_init':
| nb_dns.o(.text+0x80): undefined reference to `__res_state'
| nb_dns.o(.text+0xf1): undefined reference to `__res_state'
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

When I do an objdump -t to the libbind.so.1 or to libbind.a, I can't
see any __res_state symbols. If I do the same with the libbind found
in the official bind9, I find this symbol. My libbind is the 9.2.2rc2
from OpenBSD snapshot (less than 1 week).

So I'll keep the patch like that for the moment. If anybody have an
idea....

Regards,

Chad Dougherty <crd at cert.org> a dit:

--