question regarding session creation

scott campbell scampbell at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 26 16:31:30 PDT 2003

Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem that I have with using SSL_Interpretor* is that it's creator
relies on the SSL_Connection_Proxy which is the same sort of function
that I can't seem to get working.  The *version* of SSL is not
pre-determined, but the connection type is already been assigned. :(

I would do some sort of dreadful hack to get this working (ie create a
new blank creator or something of the sort), but the the
SSL_Connection_Proxy proxy value is used thought the remaining SSL and
X509 code and everything would just break horribly.

This sort of problem may be insolvable with the current design of bro,
at least as far as I understand.  I will probably create a new generic
GSI class that just answers questions regarding data handed to it
(example X509 certs and the like) for the time being (since the
necessity for dealing with many of the complexitys of 'real' SSL
connections are not present).  It will not be at all interested in
connection data, so there will not be problems assosciated with it of
this nature.

If you (or anybody else) get other ideas, or see something that I missed
please let me know as the solution I am following is less than ideal...

scott